16 October 2014

The Royal Geelong Show

Yesterday I attended the Royal Geelong Show, along with Eloquent Mx Loki, Miss Cee, and Lisa of Owl Nest Crafts.
I hadn't been to the show in years, and the others, having lived in Melbourne their lives, hadn't attended the Geelong Show before. We went primarily to check out the results of the competitions Lisa and I had entered. I placed 2nd in the 'Changing faces of Australian Human Form' with my photo "Fair Ladies en Promenade". Whilst Lisa won/placed with four out her five entries!
It was a fun day out though. We petted a lot of animals in the petting zoo, and the baby goats tried to eat Mx Loki and Miss Cee's hair and jackets. I watched the horse events, Miss Cee won a huge stuffed toy, and we went on a couple of rides. We also watched the racing pigs (which was what I really wanted to see), and they were adorable! None of my pigs won, but seeing the diving pigs afterwards made me forget quickly. Mx Loki and I also visited the Blacksmith there, and watched him make a lead rope and horseshoe in front of us, it was interesting to see.
It was a quiet day because it was Thursday, which, while it gives the show a different feel, is actually better because you can walk with space around you and often get bonus items from the prize games or from stalls because you talk to the workers more.
I would like to see the fireworks this year, but I will be at Armageddon this weekend!

Check out some happy snaps I took during the show, an like these photos on Facebook

IMG_2201

IMG_2122

IMG_2095

IMG_2112

IMG_2117

IMG_2127

IMG_2143

IMG_2182

IMG_2196

IMG_2080

IMG_1999

IMG_2001

IMG_1973

IMG_2035

IMG_1932

IMG_1942

IMG_2052

IMG_2056

SP Winning

No comments:

Post a Comment