29 May 2016

Self Portrait Runes: Raido and Fehu

Getting back into doing new self portraits when I'm in a transitional stage. This time I'm working with two runes.



Raido: Wagon

Phonetic equivalent: R

Literal Meanings:
Ride, Wagon

Divination Meanings:
Journey of life, Change, Taking charge and being in control, Travel, Seeing the right move to take.

Deity:
Sleipnir

Analysis:
Raido is the rune of motion, the correct action that needs to be taken. It is also the rune of order, religion and rituals. The natural order of the seasons of the year are represented by Raido. It is the rune for the cycle of days, and the right path for growth and the movement of the sun. When traveling, one should consult Raido. It is the rune of both spiritual and physical development and is represented by the wagon or chariot. It also represents the rune for the proper order of things in the universe - the physical laws that hold the universe in place. It is the force that causes the planets to revolve around the sun, the sun around the center of the galaxy and the galaxy moving through the universe. -Vrilology

Fehu: Cattle

Phonetic equivalent: F

Literal Meanings:
Cattle, (Moving) Wealth.

Divination Meanings:
Prosperity, Money, Wealth, Concern with physical and financial needs, Goals, Promotion, Self-esteem

Deity:
Freyr

Analysis:
Fehu is both the day-to-day reality of our lives and the catalyst that awakens us to what lies beyond. It is whatever we think we are seeking, which frequently bears no resemblance to what we will eventually find. It is also our home, for after all our wanderings we will still need to attend to our physical needs and ground ourselves in the simple pleasures of home, family, and good work. -Runestones

I have begun to work with Raido for guidance and help with moving house. Original plans fell through, so it has left me in a state of limbo and means I have to house-hunt. I currently have two and a half plans in regards to areas to move to, but finding suitable houses and deciding where to go is why I have begun working with Raido. But it's not just the move, I'm hoping Raido will help me with which paths to take in regards to my work and schooling too.
Working with Fehu continues. Primarily to help raise funds for the move, I'm hoping Fehu will also help keep me grounded in the present. I am currently reaching the end of this semester and wanting it over so I can focus on the move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment